Are you a victim of gum disease? Gum disease, also referred to as periodontal disease, is a frequent oral health ailment that arises due to an infection of your gums. Although gum disease is common, it is often extremely difficult to treat and even detect.
Gum disease is a progressive disease, so it may be difficult to determine immediately without the help of a medical professional if it is present. Always remember to keep your oral hygiene in optimum condition and brush and floss daily to ensure gum disease has a much lower chance to thrive.
If you are experiencing any abnormalities, you may be suffering from gum disease. Listed below are a few ailments to watch out for:
– Gums that are frequently bleeding
– Teeth that appear extra sensitive
– Indications that your gums are receding away from your teeth or that your permanent teeth are loose or separating
– If you are frequently suffering from halitosis, also known as bad breath
– The presence of pus, sores
– Your gums are irregularly inflamed or swollen
– Painful chewing sensations when you eat
To upgrade your smile with periodontal therapy, you are welcome to schedule a visit with our dentist in Peabody, Massachusetts. If you would like Dr. Federico Lago and our team at Zicherman, Lago, and Associates, PC to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please call our dentist office at 978.535.2500.